One of the great things I get to do as a theologian and author is regularly be a guest on various radio shows and podcasts. This tends to happen more frequently when I have a new book out such as my latest God is Not Fair and Other Reasons for Gratitude. Sometimes I have the privilege of being invited to join a friend or colleague for an entirely different kind of conversation, not necessarily related to my latest publication or an upcoming event.
Such was the case this week when I was a guest on my friend, Dr. Brian Moritz’s podcast “The Other 51.” Brian is a journalism professor at the State University of New York at Oswego, a fellow St. Bonaventure University alum, and a friend going way back to the days when we were both journalists—he a sports reporter, me a photojournalist. In this podcast episode, which was one of the most fun I’ve had in a while, we talk about a whole assortment of things that almost never come up in the typical radio interviews. You hear about my past as a photographer, what my writing practices are like, how I went from being a journalist to a theologian, and more. Be sure to check it out!
In the spirit of recent interviews, I thought I might put up some links here from other recent radio and podcast interviews. This isn’t an exhaustive list, but a sampling from what archives stations have posted. Hope you enjoy!
- “Man Up with Father Zach Kautzky and Joe Stopulos,” Podcast (January 9, 2017)
- “The Catholic Commute,” Podcast (December 12, 2016)
- “Morning Air,” Relevant Radio, Nationally Syndicated (November 30, 2016)
- “The Kyle Heimann Show,” Redeemer Radio, Fort Wayne/South Bend Indianna (November 29, 2016)
- “Morning Glory,” EWTN Radio, Nationally Syndicated (November 17, 2016)
And two recent interviews in print:
- “Merton Scholar to Present 2017 Aquinas Lecture, Workshop,” Intermountain Catholic, Salt Lake City, UT (December 16, 2016)
- “‘God is Not Fair’: Author Q&A with Daniel P. Horan, OFM,” America Magazine (November 30, 2016)