Well today marks the first anniversary of the public launch of DatingGod.org! It’s hard to believe that a year has gone by already. As I look back over the year and reflect on what this project has meant for me, I recognize the shift in attitude that began with hesitancy and ambivalence at the idea of doing a “blog,” which at the time was the request of my publisher, to really being grateful for the opportunity to write and share daily with hundreds and thousands of readers as well as receive amazing support and occasional critique. The community of readers from all around the world have been incredibly generous in their enthusiasm for the website — thank you!
Here are couple stats and keys facts about DatingGod.org over the last year:
- Publicly launched on 1 October 2010.
- 561 posts.
- 1,152 comments
- More than 100,000 unique visits
- Dating God Podcast launched 31 May 2011
- 351 ‘Likes’ on the Dating God Facebook page
- 480 Twitter followers @DanHoranOFM
- Most viewed post: “Death of Bin Laden: Not A Time to Celebrate, A Franciscan’s Prayer for Peace” (May 1, 2011)
- Most commented post: “The Eucharist is Not a Weapon: Part I” with 71 Comments (Feb 25, 2011)